Safiya was admitted to practice in Jamaica in January 2020 and joined the firm in March 2020 as an Associate in the Corporate / Commercial Department. She currently works under the supervision of one of our partners, Lynda Mair.
Since commencing her practice with PMH Safiya has worked with various teams in the firm on a series of corporate commercial transactions including structured financing deals, mergers and acquisitions. She is involved regularly in compliance matters for transactions involving the issue of securities with the Jamaica Stock Exchange Junior and Main Markets as well as corporate governance and data protection reviews for listed clients. Safiya provides strong support to her supervising Partner on corporate/commercial transactions, conveyancing and probate matters and real estate developments for residential housing solutions.
- Administration of Estates
- Banking and Financial Services
- Business Restructuring and Corporate Insolvency
- Construction and Property Development
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Insurance, Pension & Employee Benefits
- Leasing and Property Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mortgage Financing
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Wills and Estate Planning
LL.B (Hons.) (2017) – University of the West Indies, Mona
Certificate of Legal Education (2019) – Norman Manley Law School