Sharon Neil Smith
Email: email@example.com | Tel: 876.920.4000 / 876.618.2779 | Fax: 876.920.0244
Sharon’s practice spans some 30 years over which she has acquired a wide range of commercial law experience providing advice to different types of businesses across a gamut of industries in Jamaica.
Prior to joining the firm in 2005 she held legal and managerial positions with a statutory body and a large private sector conglomerate in Jamaica with substantial business interests in housing development, manufacturing, distribution and financial services. Her diverse corporate client base is testimony to the strength and depth of her commercial law knowledge. She advises corporate clients involved in the manufacturing, banking, insurance and property management industries on a range of commercial contracts that impact their businesses and at all times with acute understanding of their needs.
Sharon has significant experience in the area of Employment Law, specifically: drafting employment related documentation, training management and supervisory staff. Preparing advice and drafting opinions on employment regulatory issues; termination and disciplinary matters, all employment related aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations. Contentious employment matters are supported by the Litigation Department. She also leads the Estate Administration and Planning practice of the firm and provides clients with guidance when navigating issues of probate and administration of the personal assets of their loved ones.
She is currently the Firm’s Managing Partner.
- Administration of Estates
- Commercial Agreements
- Construction and Property Development
- Corporate Governance
- Employment agreements, practices and procedures
- Estate Administration and Planning
- Industrial Relations and Dispute Resolution
- Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Insurance, Pension & Employee Benefits
- Leasing and Property Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mortgage Financing
- Privacy and Data Security
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Trademarks, Patents and Copyright
- Wills and Estate Planning
- University of the West Indies – LL.B. (Hons).
- University College London – LL.M. (Merit)
- Certificate of Legal Education, Norman Manley Law School