Lynda has been in practice for almost 43 years, both in private practice and as in-house counsel.
She is a Commercial and Real Estate lawyer with significant experience in domestic and cross-border work inclusive of: mergers and acquisitions; take-overs; restructurings (with special expertise in restructuring of family-owned businesses and bond buy-backs in international transactions); capital raising and securitization transactions (including on the overseas markets); complex commercial litigation and real property, including residential property development and construction financing, with some selected matters listed below:
- Government divestments of agricultural enterprises, both for Government of Jamaica and Private Investors;
- Local Counsel in a substantial debt issue registered with the United States Securities & Exchange Commission;
- Tender Offer under NY law and subsequent application for approval of Scheme of Arrangement under Jamaican law;
- Restructuring of large, privately held Jamaican commercial, industrial & property development conglomerate over a 5-year period;
- Enforcement of terms of Shareholders’ Agreement in privately-held family enterprise;
- Acquisition and subsequent divestment of well-known coffee manufacturing entity in Jamaica by local publicly listed entities;
- Acquisition of interest in Caribbean-wide tourism entertainment product by a local listed investment trust;
- Local Counsel for Jamaican bank in North American IPO;
- Acted as instructing attorney for successful claimant in local case which decided that the proceeds of a re-insurance policy should be paid directly to claimant and not to the bankrupt insurer.
She has also acted for real estate developers in relation to a variety of housing developments, including a middle-income 1,100 unit mixed villa, apartment and townhouse development at Priory, St Ann and developments in Kingston and St Andrew, ranging between 15 to 54 units in development size.
Lynda has served in the following capacities over the last 40 years:
- Chairman, Adoption Board of Jamaica since 2016;
- Member, Advisory Board of the Child Protection and Family Services Advisory Board (formerly the Child Development Agency) since 2016;
- Member of the Oversight Committee seeing to the merger of the Child Development Agency and the Office of the Children’s Registry since 2017;
- Member of the Oversight Committee seeing to the merger of the CPFSA and the NPCC since 2018;
- Board Member of the Stella Maris Foundation since 2019 and Chairman of the Board since 2020.
- Honorary Assistant Secretary, Jamaican Bar Association (1983-1986);
- Member, Medical Council of Jamaica (1990-1997 and 2009- 2012);
- Board Member, Kingston Restoration Company Limited (1993-1997);
- Board Member, Jamaica Broadcasting Corporation Limited (1991-1997);
- Justice of the Peace for the Parish of Kingston, Jamaica since 1999;
- Member of the production Committee of the Jamaica Musical Theatre Company 2018 – 2020;
- Board Member of the Jamaica Conservation Development Trust since 2018 2021.
Lynda has been ranked by Chambers and Partners and is currently recognized in Band 2 (General Business law).
- Business Restructuring and Corporate Insolvency
- Commercial Agreements
- Construction and Property Development
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Insurance, Pension & Employee Benefits
- Leasing and Property Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mortgage Financing
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Wills and Estate Planning
LL.B. (Hons)(University of the West Indies); Certificate of Legal Education Certificate of Merit, Norman Manley Law School.